WHAT IS REALice®?
The REALice® water treatment system is easy to install on all ice rinks to remove microclimate bubbles from water used in ice-water treatment. Cold or substantially colder REALice-treated water is used to produce hard and slippery ice. REALice® system is 100% maintenance-free, no moving parts, no external energy. REALice® is already in use in over 300 ice rinks around the world. Link to Canadian pages
Waterborne Generators (VPT), developed and patented by Swedish Watreco Ab, offer efficient water treatment for ice-creams and ice skates. The system is based on the transformation of the physical characteristics of the water through vortexes inside the device, without additives and chemicals. The devices have a 5-year warranty.
- Smooths micro bubbles of water used to make ice - more solid, durable and energy efficient ice
- Changes the shape of lime - the lime scale adverse effects are greatly reduced and the machines last longer
- Reduces the viscosity of the water - the slip is much colder with much colder water
- Higher temperature in the ice
- Reduced use of hot water
- Energy Saving (Co2)
- Less calcareous formations
- Better ice (especially in the spring, summer and fall)